09 septiembre 2009

Vibrato 15

'gazing at the Rising Sun EP

One hears that there is a serious Shoegazing movement in Japan. Well, after a quick tour around MySpace, I am happy to report that this does, indeed, seem to be the case.

Having recently been reminded of a Japanese band I really like: My Dead Girlfriend, I decided to have another look at MySpace to see what else I could find. The length of this playlist is not an indication of just how much good music is being produced in the Land of the Rising Sun; it is, rather, the result of my decision to leave out any songs from the usual suspects--even though I found a great song by Cruyff in the Bedroom I was tempted to use.

Another reason for the brevity of the playlist is the annoying habbit several bands have of fading out songs--that are obviously still going strong--at around the three minute mark. I know they are trying to avoid having their music stolen, so I can't really blame them, but what is the point of letting us hear snippets of great songs that we can't hope to find for sale at a reasonable price?

If not for the fade-outs, I would have added songs by Maimaiscripting, Sphere, and especially Mash (check out their MySpace page; I would buy all of their CDs if I didn't have to pay "Japanese Import" prices). Wouldn't it be nice if ToneVendor would open a West Coast office? ~~NWshoegazer


1. Boyfriend's Dead - Melting Ice Cream
2. Urokoroa - Sinkuunokazi
3. Salt Water Taffy - KMS (Miles)
4. Burrrn - Sweet Breath
5. Texas Pandaa - Jade
6. My Dead Girlfriend - Miss Katejina
7. Syojoskip - Azami


Link in Comments / Enlace en Comentarios

1 comentario: